Friday, July 1, 2011

Got Beer?


My husband came home from work to our kids swimming with their cousins in the front yard.  That's right, you read correctly. We have a fifteen foot pop-up pool in our courtyard. My brother was waiting for him with beer.

"Do you have enough beer?" I asked my brother as he walked up the side stairs entering the courtyard.

"Well, I figured you never let Orlando buy any, so I brought him some," he teased.

"Yeah, sorry. It's a vitamin water household," I told him. "No room in the fridge for beer."

Seems the word has traveled around the neighborhood. 
Poor Orlando...his wife never buys beer.

My husband disappears to get the mail from our box up the street, then returns an hour later with a beer can, courtesy of house number four. If he has to run to the bank, he returns with a cocktail, courtesy of house number six. 

"I don't know what's taking Orlando so long?" I complained to my friend over the phone, who lives around the corner. "He only went to buy dog food."

"He's not at the store, he's with my husband," she laughs. "They're in the garage having a beer!"

Am I missing something here?  Oh yeah, BEER!

12 comments:

  1. Funny :-) you should definetely buy beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew no beer in the house was seen as deprivation? We normally don't have any either as there is Vitamin Water, juices and other drinks taking up shelving space.

    It's good to know your neighbors are looking out for your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need a second refrigerator...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a friendly neighborhood. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny. He goes door to door and finds beer. Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least you don't have to pay for it. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great post! It had me laughing out loud! Your husband is very resourceful isn't he??

    New follower! I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    Kyna
    http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, I think he's trying to tell you to buy beer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha! Im with Shelly- at least you dont have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could always put the second fridge out in the garage....

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a great story and I would love to feature it on my blog.

    Thanks for joining me on the Thursday Cup of Joe Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooo adorable! I love it! And beer of course... LOL Your so cute! and that main pic at the top of the blog my husband and i just died laughing! Cute blog here :)

    Got you from the blog hop!

    Mommy2Nanny3Doggy1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete