Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"The Talk"

This is how it happened.

"Babe, we have a problem." My husband said.
"What?"
"Amaya asked me if you can get pregnant from kissing."
"What did you tell her?"
"I told her that's where it starts."
"And..."
"And nothing. I changed the subject."

Weeks later, while cooking spaghetti, I wasn't surprised when she asked me a question.

"Why aren't you pregnant Mom?"
"What do you mean?"
"You and Dad kiss a lot...and you're not pregnant."
"Daddy confused you didn't he."
"Yeah."
"I know. What are your questions?"

So we had "THE TALK."
Thanks Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Fun, fun. I have been pretty honest with Shay about that subject from the get go. I just use the right words for those body parts, etc. Everyone deals with it differently I guess. It can be awkward trying to explain it though but I just went about it with Shay the way I felt comfortable doing it, explaining it as a normal natural part of life. I hope I didn't freak her out. Lol. Oh well. Too late now. I'm still rolling it around in my head as to why she threw that pig at you. I wanted to crawl underneath the table when that happened. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - I love the bubble wrapped kiddos! Lol.

    ReplyDelete